Staðsetning á korti
Númer verks (á korti)
21
X hnit
374
Y hnit
880
Image

Miðhús
The Miðhús buildings were constructed in 1897 by the seafarer, Jóhannes Benediktsson, and located next to Lindagata 43a, where an old turf farm with the same name previously stood. The ground floor features an entrance hall, three living rooms and a kitchen, with three living rooms and a kitchen also on the upper level. The roof, which is constructed in the mansard style, also known as curb roof, maximises the attic headroom. The Miðhús buildings were moved to the museum in 1974.
Image

Miðhús at their original place by Lindagata 43a (originally 21b) 📷 Skarphéðinn Haraldsson